Zimmer CPT Stems 10/12 and 12/14 are now officially rated 10A stems.
The Orthopaedic Data Evaluation Panel (ODEP) of the NHS Supply Chain categorise products that comply with the 10 year benchmarks set by NICE (National Institute of Clinical Excellence).
There are four levels that ODEP report on :
- Pre-entry level, less than 3 years;
- 3 years, clinical data available for at least 3 years
- 7 years, clinical data available for at least 7 years
- 10 years, clinical data available for at least 10 years
The 10A benchmark qualified as ‘strong clinical evidence’ comprises:
- Failure rate of 10% or less
- Cohort of more than 500 joints at start of study
- All product failures identified
- “Kaplan Meier survivorship at 10 years on acceptable size cohort”
- “Registry data or multicentre (3 or more centres including non developing”
CPT gets 10A benchmark rating The qualification of CPT Stem as ‘10A’ means that Zimmer’s hip portfolio comprises four primary stems with this rating: CLS® Hip Stem, Alloclassic® Zweymüller® Hip Stem, the Original M.E. Müller® Hip System and, now, the CPT Stem.
Some Hospital Trusts and private hospitals insist on using highly rated products that have a strong clinical history of good performance, such as the ODEP 10A rating.
“I am pleased that our continuing efforts to gather as much clinical evidence as we can to support our products has been recognised by the new classification of the CPT Hip System,” said Trevor Burley, Marketing Manager, Hips
Source: Zimmer UK