Olympus will present its feature-packed Professional Audio line of digital dictation technology at the HIMSS12 Annual Conference and Exhibition at the Venetian Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, NV from February 20 – 24, 2012.
The Olympus DS Series – the flagship Olympus DS-5000® digital recorder and the Olympus DS-3400® digital recorder, feature USB Mass Storage class, large LCD screen, file encryption and decryption, as well as removable SD memory and PC link capabilities.
The newest Professional Audio products – the Olympus Directrec 1200, 2200 and 2300 – provide users with expanded technological, ‘power in the palm of their hand.’ New features include:
- strategically placed slide switch (Olympus DR-2200 and DR-2300)
- push button (Olympus DR-1200) for easy, one-handed navigation and access to commonly-used functions
- high-sensitivity, cutting-edge microphone that blocks unwanted background noises, ensuring ultra-clear dictation recordings
- trackball that functions as a computer mouse to facilitate manipulation of data.
- Healthcare professionals may be particularly interested in the Olympus DR-2300, with the availability of an optional barcode scanner. This attachment enables automatic transmission of voice files to electronic health records, and allows for additional security of sensitive information. Furthermore, the Olympus AS-5000® Transcription Kit is bundled with a foot switch, headset, and software.
All Olympus Professional Audio products can be integrated into any hospital or medical practice to streamline data sharing among physicians, medical office administrators and IT staff. Data can also be shared among departments and different locations. The products also include the intelligent DSS Player Pro Dictation software. Each of the Olympus Professional Dictation devices provides optimal dependability and reliability, and offers a stable platform for the future through use of integrated solutions that are ideally suited for healthcare-related organizations.
“As a major dictation technology provider, Olympus recognizes how critical information security and efficiency are to the healthcare industry,” says Amy Leslie, Sr. Marketing and Business Development Manager, Olympus Imaging America Inc. “Olympus’ two digital dictation solution options are ideal to meet the demands of any healthcare setting where effective information management is a priority.”
Source: Olympus America