The 59th annual meeting of the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) is being held in New Orleans from March 24th through 29th. The venue is the Ernest N Morial Convention Center.
The congress headlines itself “Twelve Tracks. Six Days. One Amazing Event.” and is the biggest event of its type for the PeriOperative nursing profession. Further information can be found on the organisation’s pages here.
“Congress is the opportunity of the year to get energized and connected with 5,000 others in the perioperative field. It is the largest surgical products tradeshow in North America and offers over 100 education sessions, networking, and career building opportunities in six days.”
About the tradeshow
With the main days being Tuesday and Wednesday, the organisers tout the show as providing 13.5 hours of exhibit time offers face-to-face contact with 5,235 professional attendees representing 2,226 hospitals and healthcare facilities.
Some factoids from last year:
- 5,348 exhibitors representing 515 perioperative and surgical products companies.
- 385 Technical Booths: Including surgical supply, equipment, technical services
- 109 Career Resource Booths: Including hospitals, universities
- 21 Scientific Booths (non-profit): Including OSHA, AST, APIC
- 76,275 tracked leads were generated via use of the official lead retrieval provider
- More than 350,000 exhibitor search results were generated via the MyAORNCongress planner website in advance of the show, with an additional 80,000 generated on-site.
- 83.4% of exhibitors were satisfied or very satisfied with the amount of booth traffic
- 86.6% of exhibitors were satisfied or very satisfied with the quality of booth traffic.